- Posted by Anna Han Willetts
- On 02/25/2015
- 0 Comments
- accounting, small business, Xero
Five ways cloud software benefits your business
- You have a clear overview of your current financial position, in real time.
- Multi-user access makes it easy to collaborate online with your team
- Worry-free maintenance means you can spend more time doing what you love.
- Everything is run online, so there’s nothing to install and everything is backed up automatically. Updates are free and instantly available.
- Upfront business costs are reduced – version upgrades, maintenance, system administration costs and server failures are no longer issues. Instead, they are managed by the cloud service provider.
Problems with traditional accounting software
- The data in the system isn’t up to date and neither is the software.
- It only works on one computer and data bounces from place to place. For example, on a USB drive. This is not secure or reliable.
- Only one person has user access. Key people can’t access financial and customer details.
- It’s costly and complicated to keep backups (if done at all).
- It’s expensive, difficult and time consuming to upgrade the software.
- Customer support is expensive and slow.